Landlord Insurance

HM have a dedicated specialist team who are able look after the insurance needs of Private Landlords.


We understand that your insurance requirements are as individual and different as your properties. Whether you have a single buy-to-let or a large portfolio, our Let Property Team are here to help you make the right decisions about your specific insurance needs and ensure the right levels of protection for your business.


Our landlord insurance is specific cover to protect your property and rental income from unexpected losses. While we’ll work with you to understand the specific risks you and your buildings face, many landlord insurance policies can cover:

  • Your buildings from damage caused by Fire, Flood, Storm etc
  • Protection from accidental damage and theft (including by tenants)
  • Contents insurance for furnished properties
  • Landlord liability insurance
  • Loss of rental income – rent guarantee and loss of rent insurance


"Their holistic approach is a revelation. It's not about selling disparate insurance policies, it is about seeing how each part of the business insurance and operation can have integrated protection so that there are considerable savings for the business as a whole."

Lisa Isles

Morgan Associates

"They really get to know your business so that the insurance is specific to your needs"

Stuart Reeves

EHB Reeves


Unlike all landlord policies, we offer rent guarantee insurance as well as loss of rent insurance.

Loss of Rent Insurance will protect you in the event that an insured event that results in a loss of rental income.

Rent Guarantee Insurance covers you if your tenants defaults on their rent. With this form of cover, you still receive your monthly rent payments until vacant possession is gained.

We’re here to make sure you are still covered for unexpected interruptions to your rent payments.



As well as protecting your property and your income, we’ll work with you to establish what level landlord liability insurance cover you need.

Landlord liability insurance is designed to protect you from injury or damage claims related to your rental property arising from third parties for example a tenant, trades person or an employee.

Claims for personal injuries, medical costs and income losses can be large – so it’s essential to ensure you’re adequately protected.


We are one of only around 5% of insurance brokers who qualify as a Chartered Broker – assuring you are in safe, capable hands. All of our property clients also qualify for a specialist team, who will always be on hand to help manage your claims quickly and easily. HM Property Clients also benefit from:

  • Our close relationship and access to deals from leading UK insurers
  • Expert advice from our property specialist team
  • Exclusive policy wordings from top UK insurers
  • Access to our online PIM System enabling you to administer to property insurance portfolio online and produce individual tenant/property schedules, if required
  • Dedicated specialist property claims team acting on your behalf





If you have a Claim then our client-focused, friendly in-house property claims team are there to help and assist you. Being a client of HM means you receive personal service, expertise and integrity.

As a landlord, when it comes to claims, you’ll have access to all of the benefits available to HM Property Clients, this includes:

  • A dedicated team of specialists in property insurance for landlords
  • A Chartered Broker to work on your behalf and liaise with third parties
  • A quick and easy process while we work behind the scenes to liaise with insurers, so you don’t have to

Our Experts

Have an enquiry? Get in touch: