Racehorse Trainers Insurance

We have knowledge and expertise in this specialist area of insurance and look after some of the UK’s leading racehorse trainers. We go the extra furlong on your behalf.


We provide a personal service to the racehorse trainers community including a personal insurance review regardless of the scale of your training operation. As a trainer, you may have a number of different risks which you may need covering should the worst happen, such as:

  • Personal injury insurance should you be injured while training
  • Property damage insurance to protect your yard
  • Care, Custody & Control insurance to cover the horses you train which aren’t owned by you, in case of injury, illness or death.
  • Professional liability insurance to cover you against any claims of negligence or professional errors.


With the ever-increasing number of liability claims being seen and with claims costs on the rise, our in-house claims team are on hand to deal with these sensitive situations with the assistance of some the country’s leading specialists, so you can continue to run your business.

As a horse trainer, you’re likely to have a number of liabilities and responsibilities to the public and any employees you have. So you’ll need to make sure you have public, products and employers liability insurance in place in case of employment disputes or injury.


"Hazelton Mountford deal with the insurances for our busy training yard and fleet of vehicles. I find them to be very helpful and very easy to contact whenever the need arises. I have recommended their services to some of my owners for bloodstock insurance"

Fergal O'Brien

Fergal O’Brien

"Hazelton Mountford show interest in our business and have been very helpful when we needed to make a claim on the policy they recommended"

Kate Ive

John Spearing Racing

"We have been a client of Hazelton Mountford since 2017 at the very start of holding a trainers licence. We require our insurance broker to be able to provide us with a personal service and tailor our insurance needs to suit a young and growing business."

Olly Murphy

Olly Murphy Racing


If you’re running your own livery yard or stables, you’re also likely to have valuable equipment and assets which are critical to the running of your business, such as:

  • Horse walkers
  • Saddles and tack
  • Jumps and horse training equipment
  • Feed and bedding
  • Trailers and horseboxes


We are always accessible when you need us the most and have a genuine interest in your business and the overall racing industry. We know that your insurance requirements will depend on your personal set up and may change over time.

We’re here to help advise you on what cover you might need, which might could include:

  • Public, Products & Employers Liability Insurance
  • Personal Liability Insurance
  • Bloodstock Insurance
  • Horsebox Insurance
  • Equestrian Property
  • Horse Insurance (Leisure / Competitions)




At Hazelton Mountford, we have a specialist equine insurance team. The team of experts will help you to assess your insurance needs, including a personal insurance, regardless of the scale of your training operation.

As part of the HM equine team, you’ll be able to benefit from our expertise and knowledge of the insurance industry as well as:

  • Specialist equine claims team to support and manage the claims process
  • Latest insurance advice and support
  • Exclusive policy wordings and competitive premiums from leading UK insurers

Our Experts

Have an enquiry? Get in touch: